Using your card
• Always check the cash machine or ATM for signs of interference. Cash machines usually include a photo or diagram of what the machine should look like.
• Treat your cards like cash. Never let your cards out of your sight when paying in shops or restaurants, as they may be copied or cloned. Don't leave them on show or 'behind the bar'.
• Always shield your pin from view and be aware of others around you.
• Don’t accept help from strangers when using the cash machine.
• Only shop on reputable and trusted websites.
• Always keep your receipts and dispose of them by shredding.
Treat your Cards Nicely
• Don’t let anyone else use your credit card.
• Only carry the cards you need in case you have your wallet / purse stolen.
• Avoid leaving your card in unattended bags, jackets or cars and keep credit card cheques safe and separate from your card.
Getting New Cards and losing old ones
• If you lose your card or if it’s stolen then tell us straight away on 0818 211 782. If you are calling from overseas, the number is +353 71 965 6262 (available 24/7). Remember to keep these numbers safe or save them in your mobile phone for future reference.
• If delivery of a new card seems slow, query it with your bank immediately.
• Sign new cards as soon as you receive them.
• Destroy old cards by cutting through the chip and magnetic strip.
• Make sure your post is secure and that you know when to expect your credit and debit cards if you have ordered new ones. If you don't receive your statement or card, or your mail appears to have been tampered with please call AvantCard immediately on 0818 211 782.
• Keep your PIN safe. Don’t write it down or tell anyone what it is. If you change it to something easier to remember make sure it’s not an obvious one that people could guess.
• You will never be asked for your PIN when making a mail order or internet transaction, only the 3 digit security number on the signature panel on the reverse of your card. Do not confuse the two–your PIN is for machines only.
Travelling with your card
• Help prevent fraud on your card when travelling by treating your cards as carefully as you would cash. Keep your cards with you rather than packing them in your suitcase and don't leave your card unattended, either in your hotel room or when you are out and about. Make sure that your valuables are always concealed-especially in cars or on the beach.
• If you are travelling overseas, call us in advance and tell us where you're going and for how long. We can adjust our systems to take account of this. Our telephone numbers can be found in the Contact us
section of this website.
• Ensure that you have AvantCard’s 24–hour overseas number +353 71 965 6262 written down and programmed into your mobile phone and report any theft or loss immediately. Keep a copy of the number in your hotel room.
Other helpful Sites
If you have been the victim of identity theft, contact the Irish Credit Bureau listed here. The bureau can also supply you with a copy of your personal credit report for a small fee. Check your credit report carefully and liaise with the bureau to make amendments to your personal files.
Irish Credit BureauICB House, Newstead, Clonskeagh Road, Dublin 14 Telephone: 01 260 0388 www.anpost.ie
If regular mail and financial documents start to go missing and don't arrive, there may be an unauthorised mail redirection set up for your address. You need to contact An Post immediately. www.garda.ie
If you lose or have any personal identity documents stolen, you need to act immediately. Report any lost or stolen documents, such as your passport or driving licence, to the local An Garda Síochána and the Passport Office straight away. The An Garda Síochána will provide a reference number which must be included in any replacement document application. www.microsoft.ie/security
Security information for Microsoft Windows users.